Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year and Wanderlusting 2012

Happy New Year everyone! Most people who know me know I love making resolutions at the beginning of the new year. One of my resolutions last year was to post more than I did in 2010. Mission accomplished, I posted 23 times in 2011 vs 20 in 2010. I also had more views of the blog, with people from all over the world taking a look (thanks google analytics) with 132 page views in December alone. What this tells me is that my loyal readers (hi friends and family!) are still reading, but that Reckoning with Wanderlust is also getting viewed by people who don't know me (!) and are reading the blog for the material. So blog related resolution for 2012? Let's grow the blog and make it a little more consistent. This means that I'll still be letting you know where I am and where I'm going, but I'm also going to try to keep posting when I'm home.

Also, based on a 2011 resolution to read at least one book a month (I read 39!) I'm going to start doing book or movie reviews at least once a month. This way, should any readers be interested in finding about more about topics somewhat related to what I do, they'll know where to look. As always, for my readers who receive this blog as an email, this is the time of year where I offer you the opportunity to get off that list, especially because there will hopefully be more blog posts this year, which means more emails to you.

Lastly, thanks to everyone who reads, I can't believe I'll have been blogging for 4 years in May! Your support and comments are invaluable. And of course, as I know you're all amazing and talented, anyone who would like to do a guest post about something related to this blog should email reckoning.wanderlust@gmail.com with your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment